In human hierarchy, we have been knowing that mind is the topmost thing, but that is technically wrong. Above all lies the spirit, the torch of life, the knower of the absolute truth.
Now, the question arises: what is spirit and spirituality? The answer is simple and apt. Spirit is the life force, an energy which puts life into a being, an energy which has infinite potencies.
And what is spirituality? It is the art of self realization, it is coming back from the dark solitude to one's self. As you grow spiritually, you gradually realize the significance and purpose of life.
Spirituality has nothing to deal with any kind of religion nor you need to become a saint to practise spirituality.
In a book called Bhagavad Gita, it is mentioned that the future generation will be very tyrannical, majority of people will be in a huge dilemma. Only those who are truly devoted to their soul and purpose of life, that person will be highly successful and dedicated to their life without any prejudice.
In Autobiography of a yogi, it is written that how much spirituality is important for the growth of a human being in terms of empathy, kindness, love and ecstasy. It can even bring tremendous changes in life.
Why is spirituality important?
• It will help to decrease crime rates in the future. One who knows about the soul, is one who will help the rest of the world come out of prejudice.
• It will make you mentally and emotionally stable. Even though you approach a negative situation unintentionally, you are conscious about the thing that everything happens for a reason.
• It will help you to know the aura(vibe) of a fellow human being. You can understand who has positive feelings and who has negative. Therefore,it will make you grow socially as well.
• It will let you overcome grief and excessive materialistic pleasure. The grief you get just for a material, that grief will not bother you anymore.
• It will let you realize that you are not the manipulator of the universe. There is a higher power who is the controller of the universe.
• It will give you ultimate peace and happiness.
• It fulfills your needs and wishes and you become successful on work which you do with great dedication.
• It will make the world a better place to live.
No Answers to Display